Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Star Trek - Passage To Moauv/The Crier In Emptiness Cassette Two-Pack


Peter Pan never met a way to repackage the Star Trek records they didn't like. Courtesy the Star Trek Comics site, here are pics of uber-rare cassette twin-packs that (for some reason) uses a bow-tied bear as pitchman/mascot.

I guess Peter Pan had so much Trek stock lying around that they kept finding new ways to burn it off, so this Frankenstein approach seemed as good as any. Thanks to Power Pal Mike Bridges (again!) for pointing the site out to me--it's the only place on the web I've ever seen these ungainly things.


4 comments:

Earth 2 Chris said...

I wonder which came first, this Teddy Bear mascot, or Teddy Ruxpin? We've seen ads for a stuffed version of this bear in some of the very late releases, like Ghostbusters. Hmmmmm....

Chris

Random Joe said...

And I have been unable to find any evidence that a physical bear existed. Have searched and found none, I believe this would pre-date Teddy. Wasn't he more from the mid 80's? I am thinking this must be 1980-81 or so. -- Mike

Earth 2 Chris said...

Teddy was indeed from the mid-80s. I wasn't sure what year this was from, as Power Records seemed to be repackaging old stock up until that era.

Chris

Ben said...

What a find! Shows how long the franchise has been popular for too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...